Brickliners Custom Masonry and Chimney Service is the largest full-service provider of chimney services in Vermont. We currently have an opening for a great Chimney Technician. We offer competitive compensation packages with benefits. Please read the job description below for specifics. If you are interested in applying for either position, please click here to email your resume.
Position Title: Chimney Technician
Location: Vermont/Upstate New York
Reports to: Field Manager / Office manager
Note: This is an outline of the primary tasks assigned and may be changed at the discretion of management formally or informally, either verbally or in writing. All team members are expected to assist Brickliners in achieving its goals even if such tasks are beyond the scope of this outline. The job description does not constitute an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the of the employer and requirements of the job change.
This person must possess strong technical, communication & people skills, have fantastic organizational skills and pay attention to detail. This is a full-time position in our Williston, Vermont location.
Education: Minimum High School diploma or GED. College degree preferred.
Skills & Experience:
- Have the ability to walk confidently on a roof and carry up to 80 lb.
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in the construction or service industry is preferred
- An understanding of customer service and the service industry
- Strong organizational and documentation abilities
- Strong problem-solving skills and analytical abilities
- Positive team-focused attitude
- Drive for continuous improvement and be self-motivated/managed
- World-class listening skills
- Ability to thrive in (or adapt to) a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must have and maintain valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Inspect and perform service on Brickliners’ customers’ chimneys and appliances.
- Sweep chimneys, clean dryer vents, clean gutters and provide all services offered within our portfolio of products.
- Carry up to 80 lb.
- Provide quality service to Brickliners internal and external customers in all assigned tasks, while upholding Brickliners values at all times.
- Ensure timely and consistent delivery, recording and reporting on the delivery of Brickliners Services purchased by and owed to customers.
- Remain in daily contact with field manager and office staff to remain informed on customer situations.
- Always be considerate and cordial to Brickliners customers when performing service and repair work, i.e. – be on time and clean up afterward.
- Report detailed descriptions of work performed and identify any problems that relate to production process. Be proactive in solving warranty items.
- Be diligent in learning chimney repair practices, techniques, code requirements and certification materials from lead chimney techs and supervisors to improve scope and quality of work performed.
- The technician should always be aware that his/her actions reflect Brickliners core values and that these values should be considered in any interaction with fellow team members, homeowners, trade contractors and vendors.
- Provide active participation in workshops and meetings to ensure consistent product and process delivery.
Provide input and feedback to field manager on goals and progress.
We offer a very competitive compensation package based on experience.
Brickliners has created a fun, casual work environment with a lot of autonomy and no micromanagement. This position is a 40-50 hour work week. We are an ethics-driven organization and pride ourselves on having a workplace with open communication, mutual respect and the golden rule. We are very selective in hiring employees in order to ensure a good cultural fit.
Click here to email your resume and references.